Ideal for Cycling or Running Groups
The Garden House Stamford would make an ideal base for all running and cycling groups. The area is abundant in tracks, for all levels, both running and cycling.
There is adequate dry storage areas within the secured grounds of the Garden House to keep your bicycle safe and away from the elements over night, and we have even got an ideal area to hose it down and dry it off afterwards.
Head off straight from your base or let us help you get there, with our two minibuses available to use with our experienced English speaking drivers. Return to a welcome meal that can also be arranged from just £10* per head (*student discounts apply). Or cater yourselves, or even pop out to one of the many local restaurants on our doorstep.
Enjoy a gentle ride or run or a more serious test of your mettle.
- At Rutland Water Park you can choose from an easy three-mile or eight-mile route or a more challenging 25-mile route around the reservoir.
- Grafham Water Park offers a 10-mile circular route.
- Pitsford Water has an attractive seven-mile route.
Just cycle or run as far as you want, stopping to admire the wonderful scenery or enjoy a stop for a snack at one of the many catering outlets along the route.
You can bring your own bicycle or hire one from the cycle hire centre on site. These can be found on the:
- Whitwell and Normanton car parks at Rutland Water Park.
- Marlow car park at Grafham Water Park.
- Brixworth Country Park car park at Pitsford Water Park.
- Stutton car park at Alton Water Park.
Also tracks around the Burghley estate. These are just a start… there are so many to choose from.
Stamford itself is a pretty Georgian Market Town, it’s hilly and ideal to test yourself whilst taking in the historic beauty that surrounds us here.
We can even send you off each morning with your own packed lunches.
Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding this type of group trip.